We reserve the right to change this policy at any given time. If you want to make sure that you are up to date with the latest changes, we advise you to frequently visit this page.
CREATING AN ACCOUNT ON OUR WEBSITE OR USING THE SERVICES, CONSTITUES A DEEMED UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE (WITHOUT ANY LIMITATION OR ANY QUALIFICATION) OF THE TERMS SET BELOW AND CONSTITUES A CONTRACT BETWEEN YOU AND US WITHOUT THE REUQIREMENT OF ANY PHYSICAL OR DIGITAL SIGNATURE.
User Data We Collect
We collect information you provide to us in connection with our Services, such as
· name, telephone number, email address, mailing address, photographs or other text or images you use, e.g., for your profile, the types of Services you request (collectively, “Personal Information”). If you do not wish to provide any Personal Information, you may simply decline to use our Services.
· transaction details, billing and payment information, and other information you use or provide to us in using the Services
· information about your devices, including hardware, operating systems, software, and mobile network information.
· Your geographic location, including location of your travel and device. In order for us to be able to provide your requested Services, you will need to grant us permission to obtain your geographic location from your device.
· your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address and the URL from which you access our Website, the pages you visit on our Website, and the time and duration of your visits to, or use of our Website
· Because our Services including communications between you and drivers or providers of transportation or our customer services, we may collect the date and time of calls or messages, the content of messages, phone numbers, and other such call data
· Other information such as interests and selected settings and preferences.
· Data profile regarding your online behavior on our Website.
Why We Collect Your Data
We are collecting your data or may use, disclose or transfer data for any of the following cases:
· To provide the Services, including to respond to inquiries made, send updates and otherwise communicate with you. For example, in fulfillment of your transportation requests, we may share your name, description or photograph that you provide to us for identification purposes, your geographic locations for pick up and your requested destinations with drivers or provider of Services.
· To provide your information to the other users who shall be travelling with you in the vehicle assigned to you.
· To better understand your needs and to improve our services and products.
· To send you promotional emails containing the information we think you will find interesting or to fill out surveys and participate in other types of market research.
· To customize our Website according to your online behavior and personal preferences or for data analytics.
· We may release information when we believe in good faith that such release is necessary to comply with any applicable national or local laws, rules or regulations; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of MetroRide, our employees, drivers, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with authorities, other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
· In case of an event or promotional activity where information may be disclosed to public or relevant third parties in connection with conduct of such event/promotion and its marketing.
· We use third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services, provide or perform certain aspects of the Services on our behalf – such as drivers and companies they work for to provide the Services, other third parties including TFS to host the Services, design and/or operate the Services’ features, track the Services’ analytics, process payments, engage in anti-fraud and security measures, provide customer support, provide geo-location information to our drivers, enable us to send you special offers, host our job application form, perform technical services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Services‘ features), or perform other administrative services. These third parties will have access to user information, including Personal Information to only carry out the services they are performing for you or for us.
· To third party service providers providing services in relation to hosting websites, running promotional or social media campaigns, sending marketing communications, conducting data analysis.
· To third party payment processors with respect to card details or account details with respect to payments made through the Website or in certain cases with third parties to process applicable cashback or discount offers.
· If MetroRide or all or any portion of its business or assets, are acquired, sold, or otherwise transferred, including in any merger or other transaction, consumer and customer information would be one of the assets that is transferred to or acquired by the successor or acquirer and thereby shall be disclosed to such successor or acquirer. You acknowledge and agree that such transfers may occur in any of these circumstances, and that any acquirer or successor or other party acquiring all or any portion of MetroRide's business or assets may continue to use your information as set forth in this policy
· Upon deletion/termination/cancelation/expiry of account, we may retain information as required for internal business purposes of data retention.
Mobile platforms such as iOS and Android require your consent to access certain data on your device (for e.g. your contacts, your messages) without which the Website cannot access the data. You will be required to provide such consent, in absence of which you may not be able to use the Website or the Services.
Safeguarding and Securing the Data
MetroRide is committed to securing your data and keeping it confidential. MetroRide has implemented commercially reasonable technologies and software, which help us safeguard all the information we collect online. However, we cannot guarantee the security of the information you supply against unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors which may compromise the security of user information at any time. We strongly recommend to keep your account information confidential and to always use a secure web browser. The user shall be responsible for all actions under its account.
The data we collect by using cookies is used to customize our website to your needs. After we use the data for statistical analysis, the data is completely removed from our systems.
Please note that cookies don't allow us to gain control of your computer in any way. They are strictly used to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not so that we can provide a better experience for you.
If you want to disable cookies, you can do it by accessing the settings of your internet browser. (Provide links for cookie settings for major internet browsers).
Links to Other Websites
You may contact our Support Manager as the grievance officer, who may be contacted at who may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org for any grievances you may have in respect of this policy or usage of your Personal Information.
Any dispute in regards to this policy shall be determined through arbitration in Bangalore by a sole arbitrator appointed by MetroRide and be subject to exclusive jurisdiction of courts in Bangalore.
The Website is hosted in INDIA. If you are a user accessing or using the Website from any other region, please note that the laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure, may differ from data protection laws of other regions. By providing your Personal Information through the Website, you consent to the use, collection, processing, transfer and retention of your Personal Information as per the policy.
The user agrees and acknowledges that the use of the Website is at the sole risk of the customer and that MetroRide disclaims all representations and warranties of any kind, whether express or implied as to condition, suitability, quality and fitness for any purposes are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. MetroRide does not warrant or guarantee that the Website or Services shall be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error free.
You shall be responsible for payment of the Services you avail either by way of cash or any other available non-cash/digital payment modes like credit/debit card/ wallet /UPI/pay later merchants. In the event the payment cannot be accepted through non-cash/digital modes, you shall be required to pay the trip charges by way of Cash. The processing of payments or credits, as applicable, in connection with your use of the Website and/or Services will be subject to the terms, conditions and privacy policies of the payment processor and your credit/debit card issuer in addition to these terms. MetroRide (or any of its partners, directors, shareholders or employees) shall not be responsible for any errors/failure to process payment by the payment processor.
In no event will MetroRide (nor any of its partners, directors, shareholders or employees) be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arise out of, or in connection with, the use of the Website or the Services.